Fostering The Growth of High School Students in Escambia
Welcome! The Escambia Charter School provides an alternative educational system to aid “at risk” students in Escambia County, preparing them academically, socially, and culturally to be responsible participants in our society. ECS believes that all young people should be
encouraged to developed their abilities to the highest extent possible.
The school’s vision is to create a non-traditional learning environment that will allow students from varied socioeconomic backgrounds to develop, grow and prosper into individuals who are empowered with knowledge and skills to become successful in employment and post secondary education. Student learning is the chief priority at ECS. Curriculum and instructional practices incorporate a variety of learning activities to accommodate differences in learning styles.
- To teach core concepts and abilities in the educational curriculum
- To develop critical and creative thinking skills for making good, responsible choices
- To develop social responsibilities, such as cooperation, respect for the rights of others and self, honesty and dependability.
- To develop civic responsibility through teaching the basics of American government and good citizenship.
- To increase parental involvement and participation in promoting the social, emotional and academic growth of students.
- To develop awareness in the changing workplace skill critical to the students’ future economic well-being.
- To strive for a safe and disciplined environment conducive to learning, free of drugs, alcohol, weapons and violence.
Encouraging Positive Expression Through Education & Respect
Having been established in 1996, the Escambia Charter School has been provided an alternative educational system in Escambia County for 20 years.
Advanced Education For High School Age Students
A combination of core education, civic engagement, and development of work-place critical character traits give our students the tools to succeed.
Nationally Recognized Education Professionals
Escambia Charter School teachers employ best practices to provide students with the skills and knowledge they need to thrive.